Thursday, October 28, 2004

 

Last words...

...before I went to sleep last night, after celebrating, all kinds of phone calls, watching the post game, watching the post-post game, finally going to bed, and lying on my back, to my Yankee fan fiancee who is at least outwardly happy for me:

"Poor Nomar."

Just the thought of it brought a huge smile to my face, as it made me think back to where the Sox were at the end of July, with seemingly little hope of getting to this place.

Then I thought, "if Nomar is on the Cubs again next year, I'd be happy for him if he won."

It's funny what a world series championship can do to the bitterness that comes with being a Red Sox fan. Just a month ago, I was rooting against the Cubs even making the playoffs.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise