Thursday, October 28, 2004

 

Where to begin?

"I lived to see it" seems to be a common reaction. It really hasn't sunk in for me, so I don't really know what to say. After the ALCS, and hell, after 20 years of being a Sox fan, it kind of lacked the drama that I expected. It didn't take a wild play, and the earth didn't even swallow Fenway Park whole afterwards.

In terms of sheer moment of joy and emotion it doesn't compare with the Pats win, just because of the way it happened. But the joy of this one will probably be spread over years and year, so I'll take it. And with a good 50 years to spare before I would have repeated the famous line "they killed my father, and now they are coming after me..."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise