Monday, November 22, 2004

 

Ed-ja-macation

I know this is 95% sports blog, and politics can turn off an audience, but this offends me so much as a scientist I had to point it out. See if I was really going to make it political, I would have highlighted the passages that had to do with gay marriage.

Conservatives' efforts over the years to edit textbooks are legendary [in Texas]. In a nod to those who believe God created the Earth 6,000 years ago, a sentence saying the ice age took place "millions of years ago" was changed to "in the distant past." descriptions of environmentalism have been attacked as antithetical to free-enterprise ideals; a passage describing the cruelty of slavery was derided as overkill."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise