Wednesday, November 24, 2004

 

So Happy Together

I watched the Pats Super Bowl XXXVIII DVD last night for the first time, though I've owned it for 8 months. It was great being reminded of how enjoyable some of those regular season wins were (the goalline stand against Edgerrin James, and the snow game against the Dolphins were particularly memorable), how impressive Ty Law was against Manning in the AFC Championship game, and how weird the first half of the Super Bowl was.

But there was a really cool moment from the post-game footage of the AFC Championship game that demonstrated to me how happy these guys are to play for this organization right now.

After embracing, Rodney Harrison and Coach Belichick had this exchange:

BB: I'm glad we got YOU. I'm so glad we got you!
RH: Thank you for believing in me.
BB: You bet. (starts to walk away)
RH (on verge of tears): I'm glad you did.
BB (goes back to give him a quick hug): You know it....We got one more, now.
RH: Yes, sir.

Kind of strange to see tough guy Rodney Harrison nearly in tears, Belichick being emotional with him for a moment, and then Harrison snapping back to immediate seriousness and respect when reminded. It was more like a father-son type relationship that anything else.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise