Wednesday, December 29, 2004

 

I spoke too soon...

My statement that Paul Pasqualoni may start losing recruits to UConn (in my last post) was wrong, as Coach P has now been fired.

He was a coach who every year was on the hot seat, yet was never fired despite marginal results. I thought he must have embarrassing photos of the college president, but I guess not. It was also stated recently that he would be brought back again, and even the new AD said on the air that he would return, as Syracuse was being spanked in the Durex Ribbed For Her Pleasure Bowl. OK, maybe the bowl wasn't called that, but who remembers the names of these stupid things?

One of my roommates in the fall of 1998, which was Donovan McNabb's senior year, was a Syracuse alum and a rabid fan. As the Orangemen disappointed again with another 8-3 season, he had nothing but bad words to say about the coach. The next year, he started a website with a URL of www.coachpmustgo.com or something like that. That hatred turned profitable as another rabid fan actually purchased the site from him a few years later.

I guess whoever bought it from him will have to find a new hobby. And unfortunately for the rest of the competition in the Big East, there is one less moron coach in the league.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise