Wednesday, December 29, 2004

 

Week in review

Been without a computer since Christmas Eve, didn't really miss it except not knowing how my fantasy team was doing in the league championship game was rather painful.

One of the great things about sports is it can divert your attention from the misery in the world, sometimes a truly needed distraction.

Things that caught my attention this week included:

-UConn just whomped on Toledo, it was almost never a game and actually made for some boring TV. UConn has really been on the national stage 4 times this year. They lost to BC on a Saturday night, but the win over Pitt on Thursday primetime, the win over Rutgers on Thanksgiving morning, and the trouncing of the MAC champions have to really help with recruiting. Paul P and Joe P, they're coming after your recruits, watch out. Rutgers fans meanwhile, are saying, "that could have been us."

-The Pats handled the Jets with no problem, which makes for fantastic listening on NY sports radio. It makes me feel a lot better about the Patriots. That game didn't mean too much, but it did to the Jets, and they went into their house and just dominated.

-Looks like Randy Johnson is going to the Yankees. Blech.

-Most importantly, to me, I won my fantasy football championship by 0.88 points (an extra 9 yards rushing from Ahman Green would have sunk me). I am now richer, and will be the man around the office on Monday.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise