Tuesday, January 04, 2005

 

HOF announcement...

The list of players that I've seen live, who are now in the hall of fame: Rod Carew, Reggie Jackson, Mike Schmidt, George Brett (I think), Carlton Fisk, Gary Carter, Eddie Murray (I think)....and now....

Wade Boggs!!!

Ryne Sandberg was elected today as well.

Edited to add - the following players will be dropping off of the HOF ballot, in some cases rarely to be mentioned again:

Jim Abbott
Darryl Strawberry
Jack McDowell
Chili Davis
Tom Candiotti
Jeff Montgomery
Tony Phillips
Terry Steinbach
Mark Langston
Otis Nixon

Comments:
It just makes me so happy the Sandberg is in the Hall. Best 2B of a generation and for that reason one of my favorite players, also since he was the only person almost named ryan who actually played in the majors when I was a kid.

Now once Biggio gets in, all my favorite, possible, 2Bs will be included.
 
Damn. I guess it was asking too much for the Red Sox to win a championship AND Otis Nixon getting into the hall.

Can someone tell me how much longer we have to hear about Randy Johnson going to the yankees? Christ. This is more drawn out than the kobe trial.

-O
 
PS-

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Literally translated as "The The Angels Angels of Anaheim". What a disgrace.

-O
 
Wait until they face off against "The San Diego Padres of Saint Diego"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise