Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

Saw no evil, Heard no evil

Former Sox doc Morgan, so key in the Sox World Series victory last year, saw no evidence of steroid use in Boston during his long tenure there. As reported in the Globe:
"I would go on record as saying there was no steroid use, to my knowledge, by the Red Sox in my years with the team. I'll be honest with you. I can't say no Red Sox player, because I was there when Jose Canseco was there. Even with him, there was nothing overt in the clubhouse, but did people suspect it? Sure. But there was never a, `By the way, can you stick this needle with steroids into my buttocks?'"

Most interestingly:
"Roger, when he was with us, I never saw it," Morgan said. "Roger was just a moose of a guy. As he got older, his body changed, like all of us. In retrospect, who knows? I would be extremely surprised. I saw him with his wife and kids, the way he worked, he had an outstanding character. I'd be very surprised."

And:
"There was never any indication that Nomar ever used steroids. That one year when he wanted to add mass because he was such a skinny guy, he just worked very hard with Chris Correnti and B.J. Baker [physical therapist and former assistant trainer]. He later found out that maybe the added mass wasn't the best thing for him, and he took some off. It wasn't that much of an advantage for him. He was better a little lighter...He didn't have the excessive acne, he didn't have the excessive weight gain, he wasn't on edge," Morgan said.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise