Friday, February 18, 2005

 

What's not to love?

My home state's Junior Senator, along with the recent election loser, are hoping to make Election Day a national holiday.

Besides, asking "what took you so long?" I want to ask, why not?

- Everyone likes getting a day off from work
- Voting wouldn't cut into precious "free time" either before or after work
- People who want to volunteer to help old people vote, etc., wouldn't have to burn a vacation day, like I did last year
- You would think, it's hard to argue with things that make it easier to vote that don't cause additional opportunity for chicanery. Government for the people and all that jazz.

Let's do it! I want November 7th, 2006 off. It's never too early to look forward to a day that I can sleep in!

(and now, I will go back to my self-imposed as little politics talk as possible)
Comments:
This was my idea years ago. I'm taking credit. I love it.
 
we need more bank holidays too.
-O
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise