Monday, March 28, 2005

 

Layin' a Dookie

How much do I dislike Duke? I knew that their loss on Friday night would have a negative impact on my bracket, which was still in first place at the time. I even had mixed emotions about UNC beating Wisconsin since I knew that sealed my fate. But I was genuinely excited when Duke lost, despite the bracket ramifications. Simmons sums it up perfectly here, although him saying he didn't care who won or lost until a certain point makes me question his sanity:

(oh, and btw, the guy I know (barely) is still alive in the Simmons intern contest, which is down to the final 5 candidates)

4. Duke losing on Friday night
I didn't care what happened in this one until Jim Nantz started with his, "Coach K was saying this week that, no matter what happens, the Duke students and alumni will remember this team for the rest of their lives, the way they kept battling back from so many injuries, how they handled adversity and blah blah blah" routine (I'm paraphrasing). Yeah, what a bunch of courageous underdogs -- instead of relying on players who were top-10 national recruits in their high school classes, they had to rely on some of the guys who were just in the top 30. I feel horrible for them. It's such a chore to play Shavlik Randolph big minutes when he was the No. 1 recruit from that 2002 class. Check out this column from Dick Vitale from October, 2001. Really, I'm supposed to feel bad for Duke? Ever?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise