Monday, March 28, 2005

 

Lost weekend

Some people might look at 3 Elite Eight games going to OT and say what a weekend, but for me it was a terrible sports weekend:

Last night, UConn women got beat up by Stanford.

Yesterday, the US men lost in a World Cup qualifier at Mexico. They've
never won at Mexico, at least not in the last 60+ years.

Arizona's monumental collapse on Saturday night may have cost me $100s of dollars. Instead of first place in my office pool (by a margin as big as the points given for a correct pick in the next round), I am now 1 point out of the money, and done.

And, as we look forward to my favorite sport, Curt Schilling got knocked around and will start the season in AAA.

Good thing that in non-sports areas I had a great weekend, or I'd really be depressed.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise