Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

Class

This was such a class move by the Yankees.

I'm glad the Red Sox acknowledged it so strongly as well. We'll completely forget about it when there is the inevitable brawl in July, but it was very cool to see.

I personally hope that the Red Sox never need to watch the Yankees get their rings, but if they are ever in the same situation, I hope that they will remember this and do the same. It is really nice to be known as an organization that "does things right," even if detractors can point to lots of instances where they didn't do things right.

Wish I could have watched the whole ceremony. Mariano Rivera's waving to the cheering fans has to be one of the funnier things I've seen in sports in a while. Well played Mariano!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise